This is not a secret guide because maybe you all already know, but maybe but maybe there are some things forgotten by you in optimizing your website through SEO. Some of these tips might be ideas or strategies you have heard before but never really acted on it. But, working on these SEO tips can help you to get more relevant traffic to your website and increase website ranking.
Here are few SEO Tips to increase your website traffic and search engine ranking:
- Build a site with valuable content, products and services. I know this seems obvious but I can’t stress the importance of good content. If you don’t have good content now then keep adding to your site.
- Make the website design simple and attractive so that it will be easy for your customers to navigate and find what they are looking for. My point is that your pages should not lead to a dead-end. Pages should have links to other pages.
- Place primary and secondary keywords within the first 25 words in your page content and spread them evenly throughout the document. Try and have it read like it would if you were talking with a friend.
- Research and choose the right keywords or key phrases to attract your target audiences. If you know what’s important to your customers then you would focus on those keywords.
- Use your keywords in the right fields and references within your web page like Title, META Tags, Headers, etc.
- Submit your every web page and not just the home page, to the most popular search engines and web directories. If required, hire someone to do the submissions. Ensure that all submissions are done manually. Do not use any automated software or submission service.
- Keep track of changes in search engine algorithms and processes and accordingly modify your web pages so your search engine ranking remains high. See the tools page for tools to automate this process.
- Monitor your competitors and the top ranked websites to see what they are doing right in the way of design, navigation, content, keywords, etc. It is easier to copy then to try and figure it out on your own.
- Use statistic reports from your web hosting company to see where your traffic is coming from. Analyze your visitor location and their incoming sources whether search engines or links from other sites and the keywords they used to find you.
- Demonstrate your industry and product or service expertise by writing and submitting articles for your website or for article banks so you are perceived as an expert in your field. Plus, these will lead to backlinks to your site!
- Don’t look at your website as a static brochure. Treat it as a dynamic, ever-changing sales tool and location, just like your real store to which your customers with the same seriousness.